So, this next product is straight outta Yorkshire! from our good friends at ‘Stay Fly’ basically, if you’re a Sneaker Fiend, or a Clean Freak you need to read on…
“Stay Fly Shoe Juice is a formula created to prevent staining and water damage to Fabric and Leather.
Stay Fly Shoe Juice forms a thin clear protective coating around fibres which due to its highly hydrophobic properties reduces moisture penetration rate significantly improving water repellence and developing an easier to clean surface. Coffee, tea, blackcurrant and red wine staining for example is reduced considerably.
Shoe Juice is formulated using the latest hydrophobic technology – water repellent, stain resist and easy to clean.”
So a year or so ago I saw all these videos about Hydrophobic substances, that basically repel water… I thought how cool it would be if your clothes or trainers were covered in the stuff – no stains, ever!
Me being the lazy guy I am, never did anything about it… But the guys at Stay Fly obviously had the determination to see the idea through, thus ‘Shoe Juice’ was born!
I knew I had to try the stuff, so one morning I open my letter box to find a little parcel containing this bottle and a sheet of instructions. First up the packaging and logo, dope! done by another of our friends over at Ejectos, you can see his branding for the project here.
So now we will walk you through the application of ‘Stay Fly – Shoe Juice’…
- First up, Shake the bottle!
- Then, as with all stuff like this, it is advisable to test a little of this stuff on a small patch of fabric out of the way, just in case it doesn’t work right!
- Right, so these are brand new kicks, otherwise I would advise getting them as clean as possible before starting.
- It’s really easy to apply, basically just spray the shoe as evenly as you can, covering the whole fabric area. Best to give it a light, but even coat, then reapply; than to try drenching the fabric and possibly coming out with an uneven or stained finish.
- I would personally give it a couple of good coats, with some drying time in between.
- Then leave the suckers for 24 hours to dry properly!
So here is the result! This stuff is pretty mental, look at the water just slide off it, Teflon Don! These shoes are normal canvas weave, which even when new, would soak up water pretty damn quick. With Shoe juice it just repels straight off!
How cool is this stuff?! So now you’ve seen it, I’m sure you want to buy some STRAIGHT AWAY! and coat all your precious kicks in the stuff. So here are the details:
Stay Fly Shoe Juice forms a thin clear breathable protective coating with hydrophobic properties.
Protection for trainers, fabric and leather shoes
Water repellent and improves stain resistance
Shoe Juice costs only £13.99 (Post and packing included!) – And that will cover up to 5 pairs of trainers!
Here are some videos of the stuff in action:
Find out more on the Stay Fly Website.